AOKP has came up with 4.1.2 based firmware, AOKP – Open Kang Project Team is awesome.They have confirmed that they have successfully developed an firmware which has merged 4.1.2 from AOSP.They have also cleaned and fixed all minor bugs and issues from there previous builds.Yes, AOKP has now come up with buid 5 supporting around 27 devices in all.This build i.e build 5 has many tweaks and improvements in it.It comes up with some handy features, some of those are mentioned below.
AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 features -
- Custom NavBar for Tablets
- Bulk of new beautiful icons by by Kwes
- New and more customizable Lockscreen Rings
- RAM usage in recents panel through RAM Bar
- Human being readable VPN Traffic amount
Features are catchy and worth installation, so update Verizon Galaxy Nexus (LTE) to AOKP 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware.Most of you will be well knowing or have heard about AOKP which is an Jelly Bean based ROM and you can very easily install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP Custom ROM on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (LTE).This is an build 5 which is an stable release and fixes many bugs and is feature rich ROM.
How To Update Sprint Galaxy Nexus To AOKP 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP build 5 Custom Firmware
In this tutorial we will guide you through how to update Sprint Galaxy Nexus To AOKP 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP build 5 Custom Firmware.But before the tutorial we should let you know some warnings and pre-requisites.
Disclaimer – All the tools, mods,firmwares or ROMs etc. mentioned below belong to their respective developers or owners.In any case while following the tutorial you do something wrong,miss a step or what soever, we vickyz.com or the developers or owners are not liable or responsible to any damage or brick of your device in any case. We are not forcing you to attempt this tutorial, its all your wish.
What’s must -
- Your device should be rooted and CWM recovery should be installed.
- This is not an Samsung official firmware, so your phone should be rooted, rooting your phone can void your warranty.
- It’s always advisable to be on a safer side before trying anything on your device, so please create a backup of your devices data.So that you don’t loose your contact,messages or files.
- Do make sure that your device is fully charged before performing this tutorial, almost 60% to 70%.
- You have the correct drivers installed, to connect your device to the computer.
- USB debugging is enabled on your device.
This process is for Sprint Galaxy Nexus, try this after reading this article completely.
- Connect your device via a USB cable to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded 4.1.1 ROM zip files on your SD card, remember not to copy the file somewhere in the root of the SD card not any folder.
- Switch off your device and disconnect device by unplugging the USB cable.
- Now enter into recovery mode.To enter into CWM recovery mode you need to press Volume up + Volume down button while turning the phone on.
- Enter into recovery.You need to perform a full data wipe first.Now navigate down to ‘flash zip from SD car’, Press power button to select.
- Select ‘choose zip from SD card’
- Using volume keys navigate to ‘Android 4.1.2 ROM’ zip file and select it by pressing power button.
- Installation will begin on next screen, confirm it.
- Repeat the same for Google Apps package.
- As the installation gets completed, go to ‘+++++Go Back’ and reboot the device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ from the recovery menu.
- The device will boot and might take take some time, so please wait for some minutes.
You are done, you updated Sprint Galaxy Nexus to AOKP 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP build 5 Custom Firmware.
To check – Go to Settings > About phone.
If you fail,fall into any kind of trouble or have any questions you can drop in your comment below and we will be happy to help you.You can also connect to us with Facebook and Twitter for more updates.