Odin is a very useful software for every Android user who is interested in updating or rooting his phone.This software allows you to easily perform various actions on your android device easily and safely.
You can download - Odin version 3.07
What’s must before proceeding forward to tutorial
Download USB Drivers -
Download the latest USB drivers, so that you can connect the phone to the computer from here -
It’s always advisable to be on a safer side before trying anything on your device, so please create a backup of your devices data.So that you don’t loose your contact,messages or files.
Do make sure to check battery status – Check Your Battery Percentage
USB debugging is enabled on your device - Enable USB Debugging Feature
How To Use Odin To Change or Root Your Smartphone Firmware or ROM
Step by step instructions -
- Assuming that you have downloaded the firmware for your device on your computer and extract the file.
- Run Odin
- Switch off your phone and enter into download mode.To enter into download mode you need to press Volume down button and Home button simultaneously while turning the phone on.
- Hope you have your device’s USB drivers installed on your computer if not install it.
- Now open ODIN on your computer and connect your device to computer while your phone is on download mode.
- When your device will be connected to your computer, one ID:COM boxes will turn yellow after some time.
- Select the files that you have to flash or install on your device from the extracted files in first download.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Now in ODIN, check for Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.and for the Re-partition option, check only if you have selected .PIT file above.
- Click start in ODIN and the installation will begin.
- This installation might take some time.As soon as the installation ends your device will restart.
- Unplug your device from computer.
- Switch it off again after it turns on completely and boots to home screen.
- Now you need to enter into recovery mode,to enter into recovery switch on the phone while pressing Volume up,Home and Power buttons together.
- Navigate with volume buttons to and select wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu.
- Select reboot system now and wait for device to boot again.
You are done, you updated your Android device easily.